COLD BREW COFFEE IS A DELICIOUS AND REFRESHING WAY TO ENJOY YOUR MORNING CUP OF JOE. THE PROCESS OF MAKING COLD BREW IS SIMPLE, BUT IT DOES TAKE SOME TIME. IN THIS POST, WE’LL GO OVER THE PERFECT BREWING RECIPE FOR COLD BREW COFFEE.
- 1 pound of coarsely ground coffee beans
- 4 cups of cold water
- A mason jar or pitcher
- A fine mesh strainer or coffee filter
- Start by coarsely grinding your coffee beans. You want the grinds to be about the size of sea salt.
- Next, place the ground coffee in a mason jar or pitcher and add 4 cups of cold water.
- Stir the mixture for about 30 seconds to ensure all of the grounds are fully saturated.
- Cover the jar or pitcher with a lid or plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for at least 12 hours. The longer you let it steep, the stronger the coffee will be.
- After the steeping process is complete, use a fine mesh strainer or coffee filter to strain the coffee grounds from the liquid.
- Your cold brew coffee is now ready to be enjoyed! You can serve it over ice or mix it with milk or cream.
- Experiment with the steeping time to find your perfect strength.
- You can also play with the coffee to water ratio to adjust the strength.
- Cold brew coffee can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Cold brew coffee is a great option for those hot summer days, or for anyone looking for a less acidic and smoother coffee experience. Give this recipe a try and let us know how you like it!
One last note…. do not freeze or put your coffee in the fridge … Read more about that here https://www.elliottmurreycoffee.com/freezing-coffee-or-put-it-in-the-fridge-best-method-to-brew-a-kick-ass-cup-of-coffee/